Fleet operators are increasingly looking to reduce their fleets’ environmental footprint, while at the same time keeping an eye on costs. Some of the biggest challenges fleets grapple with today are cost reduction, fuel price volatility and implementing green fleet initiatives. Identifying vehicles in your portfolio that are well-suited for plug-in vehicles is a great way to address these challenges.
Guide to Responsibly Greening Your Fleet
This how-to guide was developed for fleet managers wanting to go green with electric vehicles, and provides tips on selecting vehicles that cut costs, fuel and emissions.
Benefits of PEVs
- Lower total cost of ownership compared to conventional vehicles
- Lower fuel costs
- Qualify for tax credits, rebates and other incentives, grants and funding - Public fleets can contact your local dealer to see how a Capital or Municipal Lease will allow you to take advantage of the federal tax credits.
Benefits of Greening Your Fleet
- Reduced emissions
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Reduced dependence on foreign oil
- Increased fuel efficiency
- California Department of General Service Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Guidance Document
- Executive Order B-16-12 Implementation Plan for State of CA (Fleet requirements for ZEVs)
- Office of Planning and Research ZEV Guidebook for Community Readiness
- U.S. Department of Energy EPACT Regulatory Activities
- Clean Cities
- Clean Cities PEV Handbook for Fleet Managers
- California Energy Commission "Drive" website
- Azure Dynamics, Ford Transit Connect EV Fleet Purchase Total Cost of Ownership Calculator